Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide 08 Contents All events online | scoop.com.au
08 9383 3388
15 Johnson Parade, Mosman Park
Perched over the water on the Swan River,
with unobstructed views across the bay,
the contemporary, multi award-winning,
Mosmans Restaurant is one of Perth’s
premier dining locations.
Renowned for Mosmans Seafood Platter,
our chefs are passionate about using quality,
in-season produce to create a diverse menu
including seafood and locally supplied meats.
With its relaxed dining atmosphere and every
table enjoying stunning river views, Mosmans
is the ideal venue for an intimate dinner for
two, entertaining clients, corporate events,
weddings receptions, and all your special
occasions. The helpful team is happy to go
the extra mile to make your celebrations
memorable for the right reasons.
• Boasting a 62m sushi train (the longest in the southern
hemisphere), Sushi Wawa is Innaloo’s favourite new
• North African restaurant The Edge of Sahara, is feeding
Northbridge warming tagines, soups and falafel. May
winter never end.
• East Fremantle’s beloved watering hole The Wine
Store has tinkered with its name to reflect its new
focus on food – South American-influenced share
plates and a communal eating style. Oh hi, The Wine
Store + Kitchen.
• Scarborough’s Cheeky Cafe, a laundromat-cum-cafe,
boasts a great kids’ area, full breakfast menu and ocean
views. That’s three birds killed.
• The Barn Project, a joint effort by Villa Kula and Heyder
& Shears, has transformed a heritage barn at Perth City
Farm into a pop-up garden bar that’s available to hire
from Oct 28-Nov 16. Get in quick!
• With its open kitchen, no fuss decor and pan-Asian menu,
the aptly named Low Key Chow House is an awesome
addition to the Leederville foodscape.
• Miki’s Open Kitchen has become the new ‘it’ restaurant
in Margaret River, thanks to its Japanese take on
local produce, like fig tempura and panko-coated
• Located in a cosy Leederville arcade, the
family-owned Market Juicery is attracting throngs of
health heads with its cold-pressed juice, salads and
freshly boiled bagels.
• Angove Street favourite Il Circolo has gone under
the knife. We’re praying they don’t change the homely,
rustic vibe within.
• An ongoing remodel of Vanilla Bean Espresso in
Fremantle has doubled the cafe’s size and spruced
up its alfresco area.
• The never-ending renovations at the Subi Hotel continue.
We’re loving the new fireplace, vertical garden and
• The Best Brew Restaurant and Bar is the new name
given to equally new refurb and expansion of the venue
within The Sheraton Perth.
• After seven years at the helm of Sayers Food, Mark and
Stephanie Sayers have sold their popular Leederville cafe
to two longstanding staff members so that they can focus
their full attention on Sayers Sister.
• The Publican Group, owners of popular venues including
The Aviary and Public House, have taken over the lease
of The Guildford Hotel, promising to restore the iconic
hotel as the ‘heart of Guildford’.
• Overlooking the bay, Vancouver Cafe has one of the best
breakfasts – and views – in Albany. Here’s hoping its new
owners carry the flag well.
• We were devo when The Flying Taco in North Perth
closed in May. Six years weren’t enough.
• F&B Cafe in North Freo closed in autumn. May its
replacement offer the same reasonable prices and
• It came as a huge surprise when the CBD’s Bar One, one
of the city’s first small bars, closed its doors after a 10-year
run. It will be missed.
Open to Close
Links Archive Perth Guide 09 Perth Guide 07 Navigation Previous Page Next Page