Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide 07 Contents In 1985 we had
1.86 million passengers
through our doors
As Perth has grown, so have we. Thirty years
ago the city was home to one million people and
16 airlines provided services to Perth.
REDEVELOPMENT IS TAKING SHAPE
In 2013, more than 13.8 million passengers travelled through Perth Airport’s
terminals and we are still one of the fastest growing capital city airports
Perth Airport’s $750 million redevelopment is well underway and, as each
stage progresses, we are offering our passengers a more convenient and
• Terminal 2 (T2) opened in March 2013 and predominantly services
flights to and from regional Western Australia, as well as some interstate
services. Alliance Airlines, Virgin Australia and Tigerair all operate
• The $225 million expansion of the international arrivals and departures areas is
significantly progressed. The first phase of the international arrivals expansion
was completed in November 2013, relocating inbound Immigration (Passport
control) to the first level next to a new walk-through JR/Duty Free store.
The second phase, expanding the baggage reclaim and Biosecurity
(Quarantine) areas on the ground floor, is progressing quickly and will be
complete in the coming months.
• Construction of the first A380 gate was finished in December 2013,
and will facilitate regular A380 services by international airlines.
• Construction of the $190 million Domestic Pier, which will become home to
Virgin Australia, is well and truly out of the ground. When open, customers
will be able to access regional, interstate and international services in one
• Dedicated pick-up and drop-off areas are provided at the front of each
terminal to enable easy access to taxis and Connect shuttle bus services
• More than $30 million is being invested in Terminal 3, the Multi-user Domestic
Terminal, to expand the security screening area on the ground floor and create
a new departures area on level 1.
Links Archive Perth Guide Edition 5 Perth Guide 08 Navigation Previous Page Next Page