Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide Edition 3 April June 2013 Contents T1 International Departures Expansion
$145 million Scheduled completion mid-2014
T1 International Arrivals Expansion
$80 million Scheduled completion mid-2014
A TRANSFORMED PERTH
AIRPORT IN 2014
T2 is now open and home to Alliance Airlines and Skywest,
and Tiger Airways will move there in May 2013.
T2 is located next to the current International Terminal (T1) and, in just a
short space of time, has improved the travel experience for people visiting
regional Western Australia, as they can now connect through to international
services in one convenient location.
The innovative design of the terminal features:
• 16 check-in counters for faster and more convenient check-in,
• A large departures lounge with high quality retail, food and beverage outlets,
• 14 aircraft gates accessed via covered walkways, providing protection
from the elements, and
• Three large baggage reclaim belts to minimise waiting times.
Significant changes are also taking place at Perth Airport’s Terminal 1.
Not only is the international arrivals experience completely changing,
we are transforming your departures journey as well.
Over the coming year, you will experience:
• An expanded check-in hall with 16 extra counters to reduce queuing times,
• A greater range of retail and dining choices on Level 1, before you go through
to a new passport control area, and
• A significantly larger security screening area incorporating new body scanner technology.
On your return, you will discover:
• A greatly expanded Immigration area on Level 1,
• A much larger duty free store with a greater range of brands and products, and
• Baggage reclaim and Biosecurity areas twice the size on the ground floor.
New Domestic Terminal – T2
International Experience at T1
Links Archive Perth Guide Vol 2 Jan Mar 2013 Perth Guide Edition 4 July September 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page