Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide 14 Contents All events online | scoop.com.au
DO AN AMAZING RACE AROUND PERTH?
Well, organisers Two Feet and a Heartbeat stress this isn’t actually a race, but if
you want play hardball – complete with American accent and khaki bumbag –
knock yourself out. The Perth Scavenger Hunt is a pretty rad way to explore the
CBD, whether you’re a legit tourist or just playing tourist in your own city. Meeting
at a designated location, participants are put into small teams and given materials
and instructions for a self-guided experience, including written hints and GPS
navigation to get to the next clue. Teams are awarded points for completing tasks
along the way, like ‘checking in’ on their phones, taking photos of landmarks and
collecting objects. Expect a fun, friendly day out (so maybe leave the sabotage
and diva antics to the reality TV crowd).
Need to know
• This good old-fashioned scavenger hunt may involve a bit of walking, but never
fear, it only requires a basic level of fitness.
• The hunt lasts for about three hours, including an all-important beverage break.
• The Two Feet guides will meet all teams at a pre-organised endpoint, to work
out results and issue prizes for the highest scores. BYO podium.
• Start and finish times and locations can be customised.
• Visit twofeet.com.au for more details.
EAT BREKKIE WITH ELEPHANTS?
Perth has some amazing breakfast spots, but this is something else. Did you know that once
a month, the zoo hosts an exclusive VIP event before the gates open? The guests of honour
are none other than beautiful Asian elephants Tricia and Permai, who go about their morning
activities while you tuck into a cooked breakfast. These gentle giants play soccer or music,
create brush paintings, and give trunk kisses, and their keepers provide insight into their daily
care. As two of Perth Zoo’s most popular residents, this is a close encounter not to be missed.
Need to know
• Remember to be respectful of the animals at all times – you’re guests in their home.
• The minimum age of guests is 12, but all children under 16 must be accompanied
by an adult.
• The meal includes scrambled free-range eggs, bacon, tomato, mushrooms,
sausage and a savoury muffin, with coffee, tea, juice or mineral water. Specialty
dietary requirements can be catered for.
• Breakfast with the Elephants runs from 7.30am to 9am, once a month.
• Visit perthzoo.wa.gov.au for more details.
Links Archive Perth Guide 13 Navigation Previous Page Next Page