Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide 14 Contents All events online | scoop.com.au
The Hummus Club
Who knew the humble dip could draw a crowd? Husband-and-wife duo Ziad and Kaitlin Zammar had an inkling.
Touring markets since 2014, the couple launched their first pop-up store in October, to the delight of the CBD. The
tasty, modern mid-eastern cuisine appeals to the lunchtime rush, with queues of people tucking into Beef and Crisps
(spiced beef with pita and parsley), Shroom (pan-fried mushrooms with garlic and onion), and the FLT (falafel, lettuce
and tomato wrap with red onion, tahini and hummus). Most dishes are served with authentic hummus and fresh bread.
Yu m mus. Trinity Arcade, Perth.
• The team behind Leederville’s Low Key Chow House
has now made its mark in Mt Lawley with Dainty
Dowager – a Pan-Asian roasting house, bar and
snack joint, just next door to Clarence’s.
• Just up the road, Beaufort Street Merchant has been
relaunched as Beaufort Local. Still owned by brother-
and-sister team Scott and Angie Taylor, with a fresh
fitout, bar and menu.
• Complete with bagels, blintzes and matzo ball soup,
Satchmo Cafe brings a little slice of New York to North
Perth. This hip little space also sells some kick-ass vinyl.
• We almost cried with joy when Mary St Bakery opened
up in West Leederville, just minutes from our office.
Hellooo Fat Friday!
• Following the success of his East Vic Park eatery, pizza
genius Theo Kalogeracos is opening a Theo + Co in Leedy,
taking the place of The Burger Bistro on Oxford Street.
• Melbourne late-night fave Lord of the Fries has moved
west, with its first store opening in Morley. The ethical
fast-food joint is 100 per cent vegetarian, serving up
award-winning veggie burgers and hot dogs, and some of
the best chips around.
• Eighth Avenue in Maylands gets hotter by the second.
New brekkie spot Henry on Eighth is expected to
open in December, serving Mano a Mano coffee with
a casual Mod-Aus menu.
• Little Matcha Girl is an adorable spot specialising in –
you guessed it – hot Japanese tea trend, matcha. This
(literally) green tea boasts a host of health benefits, and
is delish as a latte. This Como cafe also churns out some
• Attention carnivores: The Meatball Bar has opened in
Mt Lawley, following its success in Leederville.
• Did someone say dumplings? New Claremont Quarter
eatery Miss Chow’s knows the key to our hearts.
Little Matcha Girl.
Lord of the Fries.
Links Archive Perth Guide 13 Navigation Previous Page Next Page