Home' Perth Guide : Perth Guide 12 Contents Perth Airport welcomed its first A380 aircraft when Emirates
introduced the 489-seat aircraft into Perth in May. The state-of-the-art
aircraft features 14 first class private suites, 76 flat-bed business class
seats and 398 economy seats. Changes have been made to the
departures lounge to accommodate extra passengers travelling on
the Airbus A380, and Emirates passengers will enjoy a brand new,
New aircraft call Perth Airport home
UNVEILING A NEW AIRPORT
This month, work will commence on the expansion of the T1
International Departures area on level 2, after outbound
Immigration and security screening.
The new 927square metre floor space will include:
• additional seating for more than 500 passengers near Gates
54 and 55,
• a ‘six-in-one’ food and beverage centre offering a bar, cafe,
juice bar, bakery, deli and pizzeria, and
• a specially designed play area for children with family friendly
This work is scheduled for completion in late 2015.
• $200 million Terminal 1 (T1) Domestic Pier which is set to change
the travel experience for passengers with regional, interstate and
international services in one convenient location,
• $140 million International Departures expansion and refurbishment
with new retail and dining options and expanded check-in,
Immigration and security screening areas,
• First section of a spacious 27 metre, landscaped forecourt plaza at
T1 and an upgraded Short Term Car Park, and
• Five high quality and innovative public art pieces commissioned to
create an engaging and memorable experience.
We also recently opened the new access road to Terminal 1 and 2 –
Airport Drive – several months ahead of schedule.
custom built premium lounge at Perth Airport later in the year.
The A380 joins the Dreamliner B787-9 which is now in regular
service to Perth by Air New Zealand, Scoot and China Southern
Airlines. The Dreamliner uses composite materials, such as carbon
fibre, in its construction which makes the aircraft lighter, quieter and
more fuel efficient.
Perth Airport’s redevelopment is in full swing and this year we will unveil the:
China Southern Dreamliner
Links Archive Perth Guide 11 Perth Guide 13 Navigation Previous Page Next Page